This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase through my link, but at not additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
My girls are both artistic. One way their talent comes through is in makeup application. Therefore, it is vital we have the purest makeup sources we are able to find. Of course, the product has to work well too.
The chemicals from makeup enter your body through your skin. It is amazing how many harmful chemicals are in makeup products. Brands often term their product as natural, but the meaning of the word natural can take on many forms. We have alleviated the guesswork by providing a concise list of high-quality natural makeup products that are safer for your skin and worth the purchase.
We Know makeup can be expensive, but the price tag is worth it for the right products. Harmful chemicals can cause a bigger price tag; This we know first hand. Browse the details that I have gathered from my girls as they have tried out many products throughout the years. Save yourself time and money by giving some of these a try first. I am eager to know what you think.
This post is a helpful list of natural makeup products that not only work well but are safe to use on your skin.
Harmful Ingredients In Makeup
Like stated earlier, it is so important to be careful that there are not chemicals in our makeup that will cause harm to our bodies.
Some harmful ingredients to be aware of when browsing for a natural makeup product are below. These ingredients cause harm to the skin and soak in to the body through the skin to cause a host of other problems as well. Below is a helpful list of ingredients to AVOID when purchasing makeup products.
- Fragrance and dyes
- DMDM hydantoin
- Imidazolidinyl urea
- Iodopropynyl butylcarbamate
- Nail polish & removers with formaldehyde
Natural Makeup Products List
#1 Physicians Formula Organic Wear Natural Origin Mascara
- This is an organic product that I particularly like and wear myself.
- It is rated a 1 on the EWG
- Smooth to Apply and not clumpy
- Long-lasting, I do not have to apply this mascara again throughout the day
- Separates lashes nicely
- Non-irritating for the eyes
- It will smear if water is directly on the eyes, but it does not streak down the face.
- I am a very big fan of this mascara even though it does not have the EWG clean certification
- Washes off easily when needed
#2 W3ll People Expressionist Pro Mascara
- W3ll People mascara is clean-certified on the EWG site.
- This mascara comes in several colors.
- Nice application-smooth and not clumpy
- Can't very how it works in water situations
- Lasts a long time
- Nicely accents the eyelashes and defines them
#3 Honest Beauty Extreme Length Mascara and Lash Primer
- This also is clean-certified on the EWG site.
- It also separates lashes nicely and is not clumpy.
- It lasts nicely throughout the day after application/ holds up from everyday wear
- Can't verify how it holds up against water
- Nicely defines the lashes
#4 W3ll People Eye Pencil
- Eyeliner can be a sensitive makeup for some to apply, this one is nice because it is EWG certified as clean
- It comes in both brown and black
- Irritation is unlikely to occur compared to some brands
- The eyeliner wears well
#5 C'est Moi visionary Makeup Crayons
- These crayons are EWG clean certified.
- I have not tried these personally, but plan on ordering them and believe that my daughters would love to try them out.
- You can use them as an eyeliner as well as on other features of the face.
- These are a safe makeup to use for parties in place of face paint.
- I wanted to include another safe eyeliner choice that would be a high-quality, natural, and an effective option
#6 Mineral Fusion Eye Shadow Trio
- This product has the EWG certification.
- The colors are very pretty and show nicely.
- Come in color combos of 3
- The color lasts all day depending on the activities you are doing for the day.
- I personally love the color choices that are available, and they work with many skin types.
#7 Lemon Grass Spa
- This is from a company that sells through consultants. I have linked to the consultant that I personally use.
- It will work well as both an eyeshadow or a highlighter (if you are so inclined). That is what we especially like so much about it. It is great used for both.
- Soft colors that apply well
- There are many color choices.
- The only thing that bothers me with this company is that they tend to discontinue items to bring in new items. This is fine if you look forward to new choices, but it is difficult if you are a routine buyer of certain colors.
#8 Honest Beauty Eye Brow Gel
- This product is EWG clean certified
- It works wonderfully according to my daughter and applies nicely
- Your brows are given a nice definition from the gel.
- The color blends in very nicely.
- There are several colors to choose from including clear.
- Overall, a high quality brow gel and a top pick!
#9 Mineral Fusion Eye Brow Pencil
- Rated clean-certified on the EWG site
- This brow pencil comes in black and brown colors.
- The brown works on light colored eyebrows without making them look too dark in appearance.
- This eye brow pencil provides nice definition and goes on smoothly.
- This is another top pick!
Foundations, Powders & Primers
#10 W3LL People Bio Brightener Baked Powder
- A wonderful powder that holds the EWG certification
- Gives a smooth application
- Blends in well for even coverage
- Can be used with all foundations and primers but also fantastic by itself
- Does what it says and adds a brightening tone to your complexion
#11 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented 2nd Skin Foundation
- This is a liquid foundation
- We have used this without a chemical sensitivity or skin issues
- The foundation stays on the skin really well and does not feel heavy
- It has not caused additional breakouts or acne
- We have used the product for several years. It has been a favorite, and other products have not been able to replace it.
- It comes in several shades, and you can view the color on the computer pretty well prior to purchasing. This is how I was able to pick out the appropriate shades.
#12 Mineral Fusion Pressed Powder Foundation
- This powder is a really nice, clean powder that has a clean EWG certification
- It applies nicely and has a light feel, not heavy
- The powder covers well
- It comes in a variety of shades for different skin tones
#13 Rejuva Minerals Concealer
- The natural concealer product is EWG clean certified
- This powder is nice for a general freshening of the face. It can be applied with makeup or alone. I have used this when my skin tone looks like it needs to blend and be more even.
- It is very light.
- The concealer does not have to be reapplied if using for everyday use.
- The natural color is very light, so some skin tones it may not work for as well. I have very fair skin, so it does not draw me out.
- It hides imperfections well.
Blush & Cheek Color
#14 Mineral Fusion Blush/Bronzer Duo (Blonzer
- This is a great dual purpose natural makeup product.
- My daughter loves it and says it works SO well,
- It has a nice smooth texture to it when applied
- The blush/bronzer blends well
- There are 3 choices duos from which to choose.
- High quality and a great choice for a dual purpose
#15 Honest Beauty Powder Blush
- This natural makeup product holds the EWG clean certification.
- It comes in 4 color choices.
- The colors are lovely and do not show up as dark as they show up in the container unless you apply more to make for a deeper, darker blush look.
- They are really pretty on the skin and give a soft, silky look.
- The powdered blush is high quality and works very well.
#16 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Blush
- This blush comes in quite a few color choices.
- It rates a 1 on the EWG list.
- The makeup is safe to use for most sensitivities.
- The colors show up nicely and some are quite vibrant.
- The color lasts a while, however, they may need to be reapplied during the day depending on the amount that you put on and the color that you use.
#17 Cocokind Highlighter
- This is a wonderful product that is rated a 1 on the also EWG site.
- It gives a nice glow to the cheeks.
- The product is versatile.
- Only a little is needed, but more may be applied depending on the glow you are going for
- The color is subtle but shows just the right amount of color
- I love, love, love this product!
#18 100% Pure Pure Fruit Pigmented Lipstick
- This lipstick rates a 1 on the EWG site.
- It is smooth to apply.
- The colors are pretty and show up well.
- This lipstick is moisturizing enough not to dry out the lips.
- The colors are many and they are really pretty.
- They also suit many different tastes and moods from lighter in color to brighter in color.
#19 Mineral Fusion Lipstick
- This is a clean certified lipstick.
- There are several color choices.
- Mineral Fusion lipstick adds moisture to the lips and is not drying.
- The color of the lipstick shows up very well.
- Mineral Fusion also makes a lipstick butter that is a great choice if you are looking for a natural, light lipstick. It is a good choice for adding a quick and slight luster to the lips.
#20 ECO Mongo Kiss Lip Balm
- This lip balm rates a 1 on the EWG site, but it contains ingredients that I am comfortable with putting on my lips. May of the ingredients are seed oils that give it a rating of 1.
- It is a smooth and silky lip balm.
- ECOS is an excellent moisturizing lip balm. There is no need to apply again for hours after application.
- It comes in a variety of flavors such as berry, pomegranate, peppermint, and vanilla with honey.
- The lip balm is thicker in size which makes it easier and quicker to apply.
#21 C'est Moi Gentle Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes
- These work really well and rates clean certified on the EWG site.
- They are gentle on the face.
- The wipes wipe off makeup well.
- Your face will feel clean afterwards and fresh.
- They work great for sensitive skin leaving no irritation.